And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it; and Hezekiah went up to the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord. – 2 Kings 19:14
Hezekiah (King of Judah) received a letter of threat from Sennacherib (King of Assyria) that was supposed to weaken him and cause him to fear but immediately he read the letter, he made his way to the house of God and spread it before the LORD.
There and then he prayed;
- He started by exalting and magnifying the name of LORD v15
- He sought audience from the LORD in order to get His undivided attention v16
- He handed the battle over to the LORD, he recognised that anything that came against him was against God v16
- He presented Sennacherib’s battle record to the LORD v17-18
- He asked the LORD for help and deliverance from the hand of Sennacherib v19
When you receive a letter or news of a bad report concerning your health, finances, children or your loved ones, what do you do? Like Hezekiah, bring it before the LORD in prayer and follow his steps. After praying, see what happened:
Then Isaiah the son of Amoz sent to Hezekiah, saying, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘Because you have prayed to Me against Sennacherib king of Assyria, I have heard.’ – 2 Kings 19:20
The LORD said ‘Because you have prayed to Me against Sennacherib king of Assyria, I have heard.’ Wow, what if he had not prayed to the LORD, think of it, Hezekiah would have been defeated.
Whatever it is that is written on your letter, take it to the LORD in prayer. It doesn’t matter if it’s an old letter or one that came through today, take it to God now in prayer. Such letters like this one have the ability to weaken or bring fear into your life, don’t give in, give it to the LORD.
May the LORD incline His ear and hear you; open His eyes and see you; and deliver you speedily from every bad report in Jesus name.
God Bless You